Paints and Coatings
This new standard for paints and coatings from natural origin is dedicated to companies (in France and abroad) that manufacture, distribute or use paints or coatings and that are willing to claim natural quality: small manufacturers, big groups, specialized stores, painters, craftsmen, etc.
It provides with demanding criteria, particularly on environmental and sanitary level, favoring the use of natural raw materials from natural origin, and guaranteeing the use of environment friendly processes on the whole production line.
The main principles of Ecocert standard
1. Protect our planet and its resources.
2. Protect and inform the consumer.
3. Control the submission to the standard.
Fields of application
- Products intended for the private individuals, for the professionals and for the communities.
- Products intended for an inside or outside use.
- Coatings such as protective coating, decorative coatings or coatings with special effects such as:
- Paints, lacquers and lasures.
- First coats and primers.
- Varnishs, hard oil, hard funds (collections).
- Fillers, mortars.
- Products for treatment and protection of the wood.
- Glues and mastic.
Schedule concerning this new standard
>> The standard will be available soon. Thank you for your understanding.
- Since late 2011:
- Reading of the Ecocert Standard' s requirements by the interested manufacturers.
- Reception of the demands and explanation of the procedure of control.
- First inspections.
- First engaged companies.
- Beginning of the products checking process.
- By mid 2012:
- First products controlled by Ecocert on the market and extension of the application fields.
- For manufacturers: control of your products.
- For suppliers of raw materials: checking of your raw materials (launch in preparation).
Consult the documents dedicated to your activity:
- Product sheet "Natural paints and coatings".
- Standard for Natural origin paints and coatings - Version December 2012
- Control process paints and coatings
- Questionnaire for raw material checking.
Ecocert Greenlife SAS
Sarah Desvernes, Paint and Coating Manager
Tel: +33 (0) 5 62 07 65 79